Owner ops who want to pull tankers and run your own business we have an awesome job for you.
No dispatch. No agent. The Tanker Choice option gives you total control of your business. Pick your own loads from our monster leading freight load board. Choose when and where you want to run, and when you want to get home. We can keep you as busy as you want to be. Lots of loads, we need your truck ASAP.
You can make up to $210,000 per year or more.
$5,000 Lease on bonus. $1000 in just 45 days and another $1000 after 90 days..another $1000 after 180 days and a $2000 after one year.
65% of line-haul revenue
100% fuel surcharge
100% of accessorial
Owner-operators have the ability to select and manage loads on any smartphone, tablet or other device remotely. The app allows you to view your current work assignments and settlement statements, search for loads.
Receive prompt weekly settlements to keep your business running smoothly.
We will set you up with the latest mobile communications platform. We’ll cover the equipment installation ($3,500 value each) and monthly fees ($25 per month value each). Increase your business’s productivity with the following features: Electronic logs, GPS navigation with turn-by-turn directions,Text-to-voice messaging,Wireless Internet, Personal email access
Get a free PrePass/E-ZPass transponder that keeps you running while other trucks sit idle in toll booths. You’ll be reimbursed for all authorized tolls and enjoy a discounted toll rate. PrePass is available for $15 per month.
Free use of TRANSFLO paperwork scanning. With TRANSFLO, you get paid faster because there are no mailing delays.
Base Plates: Enjoy a discount on your base plates and permits ($33 per week), with a $50 per year administration fee. You can use your own plates if apportioned for all 48 contiguous states.
Qualifications: Must have Current Class A CDL with at least 6 Months of Tractor Trailer Experience.
You must Live within 100 miles of Houston, TX or Freeport, TX or within 50 miles of Waco, TX or Austin, TX –
Ability to park tanker trailer at a predetermined service location –
You MUST HAVE Tanker, Hazmat, and TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Card) endorsement required at time of lease.
Your Tractor must be be 2010 or newer.
Access to all of the following items:
INSURANCE: Non-Trucking Auto Liability (Bobtail Insurance), Occupational Accident, Passenger Accident Insurance
Maintenance System: We provide service at our facilities as capacity and parts availability allow. This is especially important if you are under load and the requested maintenance is critical to successful delivery of the load. If we cannot assist you, we will provide a list of trusted vendors who offer competitive pricing and fast service.
Speedco Trucklube and Tires, Roadside Assistance Program, Annual DOT-Standard Truck Inspection (Receive your annual DOT-standard truck inspection at no cost) Fuel Surcharge Program 100% of what the customer is billed. Fuel Discounts: (Save thousands in cost each year using our truck stop network with at-the-pump discounts.)
$.250/gallon discount at Pilot and Flying J / $.055/gallon discount at Petro, Love’s and Travel Centers of America. In addition, to increase cash flow when operating in the West, receive a supplemental $.10 discount on fuel purchased in California, Oregon, Arizona and Washington.
We Issue you a Fuel Card. This card helps you manage your cash flow to suit your business needs. You can use it to buy fuel and take the cost out of your settlement, rather than out of your pocket.
Fuel Optimizer . Save money on your trips with a free, comprehensive fuel optimizer system that provides you the best location for fuel along your route. Use our fuel optimizer tool to determine the best route and lowest-price fuel on your way to your next location. Tire Discounts Quality Chain Program. Glass Discount Program
SAFETY FOOTWEAR: Purchase safety footwear at our cost — a significant savings from retail prices. This includes work footwear as well as ice cleats.
FACILITY LOCATIONS Nationwide: Most facilities are fully equipped with:Free private showers and towels, Free laundry facilities, Workout rooms, Lounges with TVs, Low-cost cafeterias, Free Wi-Fi, Low-cost fuel and maintenance, Ample parking
HEALTH INSURANCE: It doesn’t matter how much you save on your truck and your business if the worst happens and you’re not prepared. Fortunately, we can help you save money through third-party vendors on all of the important safety nets for your business. You don’t have to cut corners to cut costs on insurance. Third-parties offer business owners to purchase competitively priced insurance coverage plans for medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, critical illness, accident, home, auto and other insurance.
Additional Frequently questions can be found below the apply now tab for you to review.
Owner-Operator and Fleet Owner Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. How do you calculate compensation for services my business renders? Is it by the mile or percentage of load?
- A. Wed offers both a Percentage Lease in its with a variety of mileage-based lease opportunities. With the Van Percentage Lease, you will receive 65% of line-haul revenue on the loads of your choice and 100% of fuel surcharge and accessorial. For mileage-based lease options, the rate per mile and number of miles will depend on the type of freight you haul. Explore each opportunity to learn more about how revenue is calculated.
- Q. How do owner-operators and fleet owners on the Van Percentage Lease choose their own loads?
- A. We have revolutionized the trucking industry by enabling owner-operators and fleet owners to pick your own freight from our industry-leading freight base — from a desktop, laptop, tablet or our mobile app.
- Q. How often will my business be compensated for services?
- A. Owner-operators and fleet owners receive weekly settlements, on all bills received by midnight (CST) on Saturday of the previous week.
- Q. Is there an age requirement on my tractor?
- A. Many of the requirements depend on the type of account you want to drive. For example, if you want to run Tanker or Van, your tractors needs to be 2010 or newer. Whereas Port accounts allow a tractor to be a 1996 model or newer. The one exception to this rule is if you want to drive in the Western U.S., your tractor must be a 2008 or newer, so it will be California CARB compliant. Also, all tractors need to pass DOT inspection by certified mechanics.
- Q. Is PrePass available?
- A. PrePass is available for $15/month.
- Q. Do you require uniforms?
- A. No, uniforms are not required, however, we ask owner-operators and fleet owners to remember that they are professional business owners and should look neat and clean to interact with Schneider’s customers.
- Q. Can I get fuel discounts?
- A. Yes, owner-operators and fleet owners using the EFS fuel card, can purchase fuel at any of the terminal fuel operating centers, Pilot, Flying J, Loves, TA and Petro. These networks offer a discounted rate, and are competitive with the best available truck stop discounts.
- Q. Who pays the fuel tax?
- A. We track and report your fuel usage tax, but you are responsible for paying it.
- Q. Do you pay tolls and scale tickets?
- A. We will reimburse all authorized tolls, but do not compensate for scales.
- Q. Will you cover my base plates and permits?
- A. We offer discounts on base plates and permits at a discounted rate of $33/week.
- Q. Do I have to drive into Canada or New York City?
- A. No. There are no Canadian or NYC routes — unless you choose to drive in New York City through the Percentage Lease.
- Q. How much will the mobile communication platform cost me?
- A. There is no cost for satellite installation or business usage.
- Q. Is insurance available?
- A. We require all owner-operators and fleet owners to carry occupational accident insurance as well as unladen/non-trucking bobtail insurance. Both can be purchased through True North if desired. Physical damage insurance is also available.
- Q. Can I get discounts on business expenses like tires and glass?
- A. owner-operators and and fleet owners can take advantage of group discounts and reduced rates on things like fuel, maintenance, tires, new and used tractors, group insurance and business support services.